June 30, 2013

Krafty Guest Challenge - Card 1

Hi Everyone!!!

Well I was very lucky to be selected as one of the ten finalists for Kraftin Kimmie's Guest Challenge last week. I have been busy colouring up some images to post for this challenge which is Inside Outside. The idea behind this challenge was to not only decorate the front of your card but the inside as well. 

So here is my first card which I am in love with and surprisingly this came to me while in bed...yep luckily i had my notepad and pen on my beside table.


For this card I used Kraftin' Kimmie's Fabulous Frames 2 collection together with one of the sentiments it comes with.

I picked some paper I had left over from a previous card I worked on and added some teal and misc. black ribbon from my stash. 

I did the frame in greys with a bit of teal as some highlights. Then of course fussy cut it out.

On the inside of the card (see right) I used some more of the teal and black cardstock and some of the left over paper.


Now here comes the cool part. I cut out the middle of the image and put some acetate behind the image so that you can view the sentiment from the inside of the card to the outside...get it....inside/outside...neat eh? I think I need to have more ideas in bed.

Below you can see it propped up as it is an easel card and you can see right through the middle of frame....


well hope you enjoyed!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So neat! Good luck!

Tania said...

Love the framing. The paper you chose is perfect; the colours are very sophisticated.